The Canadian Board for Respiratory Care Inc. (CBRC) is seeking a member for the Examination
Development and Review Committee (EDRC) to be conferred at its Annual General Meeting in Montreal,
QC May 7, 2020.
The CBRC is a not for profit organization this is contracted to produce examinations for professional
certification and credentialing by third party clientele.
We are seeking a member with Cardio Pulmonary Diagnostic clinical experience who will work
independently and with other committee members to write, edit and assess the quality of test items,
under the leadership of the EDRC Chair.
In addition, duties may include but are not limited to:
• Represent your clinical area of expertise when writing, editing and assessing quality of test items
• Use of the on-line exam platform for item writing and editing
• Annual travel in July for in person committee meetings (5 days)
• Connect through virtual meeting software for January exam review, and other ad hoc meetings
(possibly 2-4 times yearly)
• Participate in item writing training
EDRC member should possess:
• Good communication skills and willingness to provide input during committee discussions based
on your subject expertise
• Strong theoretical knowledge and clinical expertise of subject matter
• Computer proficiency (on line software, virtual meeting tools)
• Willingness to travel
• Flexibility for ad hoc meetings
Individuals interested in this position should apply on or before May 1, 2020 (no late applications)
demonstrating the following criteria:
• A cover letter indicating your interest in the EDRC position and relevant experiences that you
will bring to this role
• An up to date resume indicating your education, employment history, volunteer and/or
• A member in good standing with a provincial regulatory body
• Three references who may be contacted as part of the selection process
Applications must be submitted electronically to the CBRC head office at firstname.lastname@example.org . Email enquiries
related to this position are welcome as are telephone enquiries to (506) 607-2009.