Canadian Board for Respiratory Care
Examination Development & Review Committee (EDRC)
Call for Interest
The Canadian Board for Respiratory Care Inc. (CBRC) is seeking a member for the Examination Development
and Committee (EDRC).
The CBRC is a not for profit organization this is contracted to produce examinations for professional certification and credentialing by third party clientele.
We are seeking a bilingual member with Anesthesia clinical experience who will work independently and with other committee members to write, edit and assess the quality of test items, under the leadership of the
EDRC Chair. This member would be an asset to assist in translation and quality assurance of our examinations.
In addition, duties may include but are not limited to:
• Represent your anesthesia clinical area of expertise when writing, editing and assessing quality of test
• Use of the on-line exam platform for item writing and editing
• Travel once yearly in July for in person committee meetings (5 days)
• Connect through virtual meeting software for January exam review, and other ad hoc meetings
(possibly 2-4 times yearly)
• Participate in item writing training
EDRC Members should possess:
• Good communication skills and willingness to provide input during committee discussions based on
your subject expertise
• Strong theoretical knowledge and clinical expertise of subject matter
• Team skills
• Computer proficiency (on line software, virtual meeting tools)
• Willingness to travel
• Some flexibility for ad hoc meetings
Individuals interested in this position should apply on or before July 30, 2019 (no late applications)
demonstrating the following criteria:
• A cover letter indicating your interest in the EDRC position and relevant experiences that you will
bring to this role
• An up to date resume indicating your education, employment history, volunteer and/or community
• Three references who may be contacted as part of the selection process.
Applications must be submitted electronically to the CBRC head office at email@example.com. Email enquiries
related to this position are welcome as are telephone enquiries to (506) 607-2009.