Dear BCSRT Members,
As the number of COVID-19 cases in BC are trending down and the province is moving toward business as usual, the BCSRT Board of Directors is resuming regular operations. We are excited to announce that we are seeking nominations for the board of directors positions coming to term this year. At this time, we would invite you to make your nominations for each. The following positions are up for nomination:
- President Elect – 3 year term
- Director of Community – 2 year term
Feel free to nominate either yourself or someone else for one or all of the positions. Please let the person you are nominating know that you are doing so. Nominees must be members of the BCSRT in good standing. As with previous years, nominees will be contacted following the nomination process to see if they will let their name stand for election. Voting will occur via online survey and successful candidates will be announced though our membership database and social media accounts on August 2, 2021.
- Shall familiarize themself with the functions of the Office of President
- Shall perform such duties and exercise such powers as may be assigned to him/her by the President, Executive Committee, or the Board of Directors
- May call a meeting of the Board of Directors with one other Board member
- Will assume the duties of the President of the Society in their absence
- Will assume the position of President of the Society should the current President be unable to fulfill their term
Director of Community – 2 Year Term
- Serve as a liaison between the Board and the community membership.
- Engagement of community members with regards to, but not limited to, BCSRT education events.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors, as well as meetings of the Society (annual general meetings, special general meetings).
- Participate in short and long range planning for the Society.
- Assist with the development of strategies for membership recruitment/retention and communication.
- Assist with planning/coordinating special events, including BCSRT community Education/BCSRT roadshows for members.
- Serve on or chair ad hoc committees as assigned.
- Assist fellow Board Members as required/assigned.
- Perform other duties as necessary and appropriate for the management of the Society.
Please send all nominations to the Executive Director at email@example.com by July 14, 2021