- The total financial amount to be awarded in grants will be reviewed on an annual basis by the BCSRT Board of directors.
- The decision of the Grant Selection Committee shall be final.
- The amount awarded will not exceed the member’s estimated expenses. If the event or what the funding was requested was not attended or completed by the recipient, the total grant must be repaid in full to the BCSRT.
- Successful applicants must provide a write up and or pictures from their event that was granted funding which may be used on the BCSRT website and or social media platforms.
- Currently enrolled in BC as a student respiratory therapist
- Currently a student member of the BCSRT
- Has not received a grant from the BCSRT in the current or previous calendar year.
Funds are used to attend an education event or course that is related to 1 of the following:
- Promotion of the Respiratory Therapy Profession
- Respiratory Therapy Education
- Respiratory Therapy Leadership
Scoring will be based primarily (but not exclusively) on the following criteria:
- Has not previously received a BCSRT grant.
- Has not received a BCSRT grant in the last 5 years.
- Years of being a student member with the BCSRT.
- Type and amount of volunteer work performed for the BCSRT within 5 years of application deadline.
- Value that the BCSRT board of directors feel the applicant will receive.
- Value that the BCSRT board of directors feel the respiratory therapy profession will gain.
- In the event that there are more qualified applicants than grant awards, the BCSRT board of directors will make the decision by a vote.
- The application form completed in full and forwarded to the BCSRT Director of Finance on or before the selected deadline date: November 1.
- Application must be for an event to be attended within 12 months of the application deadline.
Expenses & Funding Sources
- Applicant must submit estimation of costs.
- Applicant must submit estimation of additional funding they will be or have received.
- Maximum individual grant amount: $250
- Combined total amount of Education grants for all applicants: $500
Interested in applying for a grant?
If you are a BCSRT Student Member interested in attending a conference or education event, completing a post-secondary or specialty course, or presenting a quality improvement or research project apply for a grant here!