Nanaimo, BC (Competition #17-019)
Independent Respiratory Services (IRS) is the leader in providing sleep apnea and home oxygen therapy solutions across British Columbia, with over 40 service locations from Vancouver Island to the Rocky Mountains. We believe in providing exceptional health care service with the highest standards of honesty and integrity. Our success and growth as a company is reflected in the satisfaction of our clients.
Our Nanaimo office requires a permanent, full-time Respiratory Therapist.
As part of a multidisciplinary team including our community partners, the Respiratory Therapist assesses and provides therapy for respiratory disorders with associated technologies, such as continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) equipment and oxygen therapy. This role includes advocating on behalf of clients for funding or community and outreach resources; along with providing respiratory education to the community. Our Respiratory Therapists work mutually with our Client Service Coordinators who work in an administrative role.
Nanaimo is known as “The Harbour City”, and is located on Vancouver Island. The Nanaimo bar, which is a no-bake cookie bar with custard filling, is a Canadian dessert named after Nanaimo. As well Nanaimo is home to North America’s first legal, purpose-made bungee-jumping bridge.
The qualifications we seek:
• A confident and outgoing health care professional that works effectively on a team and independently.
• A RRT designation is preferred, or progress towards this designation. Designations as a RPSGT, RN, LPN or similar qualifications will also be given consideration for a similar position.
• Commitment to an exceptional level of customer service.
• An elevated level of both written and verbal communication ability.
• Effective computer skills, including experience with using Microsoft Office applications.
• Willingness to learn and remain current with industry trends and professional development.
• A valid B.C. Class 5 driver’s license and the ability to travel regularly.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to perform occasional on-call duties.
• Previous homecare experience is considered an asset.
• Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, a permanent position.
IRS is dedicated to support our employees by offering: competitive wages, benefits packages, incentive packages which include signing bonuses and relocation assistance; along with support for work/life balance and career development. If you want an exciting respiratory services career with a talented team of professionals that are dedicated to improving the quality of life for our clients, we encourage you to apply.
Interested in joining the IRS team?
This competition closes September 29, 2017