Position: Registered Respiratory Therapist
Reports to: Area Manager
Department: Home Healthcare
Location: BC Interior
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Our success has come from providing superior service through highly motivated people. At VitalAire you will have a job that has IMPACT.
VitalAire is a leader in home oxygen therapy, CPAP sleep therapy programs, medical gases, respiratory products, and services from coast to coast. Over 40+ years of experience, 100 locations, 950 employees and accreditation status with Accreditation Canada assures quality programs and unsurpassed service.
VitalAire is a part of the Air Liquide Group which has over 50,000 employees worldwide in 80 countries and has been an international leader in medical gases and respiratory services markets for over 40 years.
Looking for an Exciting Opportunity?
VitalAire is seeking exceptional talent to join in our commitment to making VitalAire an even better place to work. If you are looking for somewhere you can assist in driving positive change and would like to help move VitalAire one step closer to being an employer of choice – look no further. We have Competitive Spirit and We Play to Win. Opportunities for growth and recognition are available at all levels for those people who are engaged and committed to accelerating positive results.
Are you ready to get on-board?
We are actively recruiting a highly energetic and motivated casual Registered Respiratory Therapist for our BC Interior, BC location. This role, in this capacity, is to educate and provide quality healthcare services to our homecare and institutional clients. This includes initiating prescribed CPAP & Oxygen therapy, performing assessments, educating clients in the use and knowledge of equipment, and conducting follow-up service to ensure equipment performance and client compliance.
- Evaluates clients needs by conducting tests, interpreting test results and determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians
- Assists clients in accomplishing their treatment plan by administering respiratory therapy treatments, evaluating effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan and recommending adjustments and modifications if required
- Identifies any discrepancies with respiratory therapy/treatment and brings them to the attention of the physician
- Communicates the current list of respiratory therapy medications to the appropriate caregivers
- Maintains quality service by following company standards, policies and procedures and documenting
- Perform routine follow up calls as per RePap protocol to attain renewal sales goals targets
- Supports clients in their continued CPAP therapy through ongoing sales of mask or machine replacements and other CPAP products
- Arranges for direct shipment of product to clients
- Coordinates with branches to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained
- Educates customers on CPAP product offerings and services including explaining pricing and answering questions to support the branch network and build value in our customer relationships
- Identify customer issues and provide appropriate solutions via up-selling of additional CPAP products and/or services
- Books appointments directly at the branch level where required
- Maintains client files by inputting and/or updating client information in our CRM system
- Troubleshoots system issues on behalf of the regions; provide support to the branches and customer service department by providing ongoing training and support.
- Provides support to clients and branches as a subject matter expert for third party private insurance and funding programs
- Graduation from an accredited institution of Respiratory Therapy and licensed to practice with the provincial governing body
- 1 – 2 years of experience as an RRT
- Enthusiasm, self-reliance, drive and ability to sell and promote healthcare services and or products
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and clean criminal background check
- Excellent computer literacy with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50lbs unassisted
- Demonstrates effective time-management skills and able to quickly make decisions in order to solve problems as required; ability to work independently
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and as part of a team
- Ability work on-call when required
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
VitalAire provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.