The BCSRT is forming a Political Advocacy Committee.
Please see the Terms of Reference below- or link to the PDF version: Terms of Reference – PAC for more information. If you are interested in volunteering, please send your name and a short paragraph outlining why you would like to join to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 31.
A. Promote the profession of respiratory therapy with the goal of:
1. Educating healthcare leaders and public officials about the skills, knowledge, and value that we currently provide and new areas we can help.
2. Seek fair wages for respiratory therapists based on their roles, responsibilities, and education.
B. Promote the cardiopulmonary health of BC residents with education and lobbying support.
C. Work in collaboration with the CSRT when able.
D. Understand the operational structure of HSA and BCGEU. Provide guidance and feedback to respiratory therapists wishing to become involved in HSA or BCGEU.
II. COMPOSITION AND OPERATIONS
A. Working Group Membership
Chair 1 BCSRT member General Representatives 1 – 2 BCSRT members from each health authority
BCSRT Board Representative 1 BCSRT board member or section chair
B. Quorum and Decision Making
1. Quorum is met if at least half the working group is present. Members may email or text their vote on a topic to a co-chair.
2. Decisions are decided by a vote with a simple majority of the quorum deciding.
C. Term of Service
1. Terms are for two years.
2. Initial formation of PAC will require some staggering of terms of service.
D. BCSRT & PAC Relationship
1. The PAC members are accountable to the BCSRT board of directors
2. PAC members are appointed by the BCSRT board of directors
3. PAC members may be removed by the BCSRT board of directors