Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace, located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.6 million people we serve 1/3 of BC’s population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Anaesthesia Assistant in our Operating Room located at Burnaby Hospital in Burnaby, British Columbia.The Anaesthesia Assistant works under the supervision of the Anaesthesiologist to provide technical support and clinical assistance in the induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anaesthesia, including observing physiological responses of patients during surgery.
In this position you will:
- Have comprehensive knowledge of current anesthesia assistant theory and practice
- Maintain, operate and calibrate anesthesiology, cell-saving and related equipment
- Document procedures performed on individual patients by Anaesthetic Assistants
- Participate on clinical committees, anaesthesiology research and special projects
To qualify, you will need:
- Graduation from a recognized School of Respiratory Therapy Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Post-graduate diploma in Anaesthesia Assistant program
- Current CPR, ACLS and NRP certifications
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Come work with dedicated professionals who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work!
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply online at careers.fraserhealth.ca using the competition number 1116972 . If this is your first time applying for a position, please create your online profile.
“I like working here because we have all the tools and resources that we need to provide our patients with the best care. The people and the friendly environment make this a great place to work and I would recommend it to others.” – Scott, RT, Surrey Memorial Hospital